In some scenario ,If you want to add custom aspx page.The following steps are required.Lemme explain in detail
- -Create aspx page (sample.aspx) using Visual Studio
- -Give strong name assembly
- -Publish the Site
- -Copy the dll (Website dll)
- -Put the dll in GAC.
- -Also put the dll in BIN folder (Location :C:\Inetpub\....\<port no>\bin )
- -Create the folder in C:\Inetpub\....\<port no>\suresh (New folder)
- -Place the aspx page in this folder
- -Create Virtual directory in IIS under the Websites\port no\IIS_Suresh(Newly created folder)
- - Map the virtual directory folder (IIS_Suresh) with suresh folder.Now the virtual directory points to the suresh folder.
Pls do the below changes in WEB.CONFIG
- -Add the safe controls
- -Change the trust level to WSS_minimal to WSS_Medium
Now try to access the page http://servername:portno/Suresh/sample.aspx.
Success..You can the access the page.